Monday 7 October 2013

peanut butter honey banana bread

 

as you may be able to realise from my other posts, I am really big on peanut butter. like huge. like major love of my life!

here is a recipe that combines not only peanut butter (yum yum!) but also honey (oh! honey!) and banana bread (don't even get me started) into one magnificent beast. I now know what heaven tastes like!


peanut butter honey banana bread
adapted from pies and plots

1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
pinch of salt
4 really really ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
 
preheat your oven to 180°C and prepare a loaf tin
in a bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate soda and salt.
in a big separate bowl mix together the mashed bananas, brown sugar, honey, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla.
add the flour mixture and fold until just combined, don't over mix!
bake for 1 hour until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out pretty much clean. cool in tin for about 15 minutes and turn out.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to try this! Thanks Suzie! Maybe next time we can try a Jalapeno cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you so much! yes!!! maybe a jalapeno cake of some sort :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you bianca :) I highly recommend it!!

      Delete