Sunday 23 October 2011

ginger lemonade


who would have thought fresh ginger syrup could be so useful! I was the lemonade stand girl at my church fair last weekend and wanted to mix things up a little so made fresh ginger syrup from this post from joy the baker (who's blog I am in love with!!). then mixed with fresh lemon juice, mineral water and mint leaves all over ice for a bright and summery drink. it was très bon! so zingy! so refreshing!

I also took some down to my granddad on sunday who is a complete ginger-fiend and a 'sugar mouth' as my granny would say (i.e. loves sugar - I think this is where I might have got it from) and we made homemade ginger lemonade as a gardening break and it was oh so lovely...like I said a very useful thing to have!


ginger lemonade

ginger syrup from joy the baker
(I added a little ground ginger for some extra bite)

then add some:
+  freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
+  lemon or lime wedges
+  mineral water
+  mint leaves
+  ice

No comments:

Post a Comment